Monday, November 1, 2010

November 1, 2011




























Hey Mom, and family.

Things are doing good. um, so yah.

About your questions.

Zone conference is only once a transfer. We have transfers every 6 weeks. So that middle city (carbunatuan), I will only be going to if i am transfered or for zone conference. Most likey I wont be transfered, and the next zone conference is on the 21 (or so) of December (moved to be closer to Christmas).

Oh actually I only was 'sick' for about one day. I think I have had the best health up here so far from everyone I have met. I still have a lot to go, but so far so good.

About the % of mission thing... I forgot already. I don't really remember.

So Jimmy and Troy may be living in Tigard? thats rad. um cool to hear.

About whats going on here. Um, that family, Rocapor, that I was talking about last week, came to church, and we have set a baptism date for the Nov 12. We hope that will stay. We also have Jomark (age 13), scheduled for Nov 12. If all goes well, there will be 7 baptized.

hmmm. Well maybe ill tell about some stories I was thinking about.

So while walking to an appointment, we stop by someones house just to talk to them, and hopefully set up an appointment. Well one person we stopped at... was a inactive member. They had not ever been to our church since coming to moving to this area. They had been going to a born again church... because it was closer. I asked them if they had a testimony and stuff. She said she did, but that church was too far away. Merrr bum! we talked so more and I wanted to punch her or something. Good thing i didnt lol. Finally she said she would let us come walk her to church. Well she wasnt there when we got there, I think she went to her other church which started an hour before ours (8am.. our is 9am). Bum!

Well...an unknown fact to me before my mission... When I come on my mission... I am still the same person.

I know that sounds dumb... but yah. Like I still like to wear my 4 doller shoes, over the 150 doller shoes.(I actally still have those sandles I swiped from andy .. 3 years ago? anyways they finally broke.. but i got them repaired. yes.)

And there are other things like (was tell heidi last week), warm showers are still nice.

uhh.. i cant really remember were i was going with this. meh.

Oh story right. well, something I have noticed.. if i am going to be really honest, is sometimes I lose focus and get a little homestick... but for the weridest things!

"so I was at a lession, like at 8:40 at night. The person we were teaching was chewing on something.. i first thought it sounded like rocks. Then I thought, why would they be chewing on rocks... I know what it sounds like kinda.. cherrios. mmmm cant forget that nasty, dry taste of cherrios. Like when its 9 o clock, and your government class is just finishing. Thinking maybe you should make it to your Spanish one class, but you know there isnt gas in the car, so maybe if you take your bike Heidi will put gas in the car.. and you can park the bike right next to the swim center which is right next to spanish so you could slip in just before the bell at 9:30. While doing all of this, you start pouring your self a bowl of honny nut cherrios.... and then when you take a bite you realize that, you grabbed the wrong box. uhhh nasty, dry taste." Anyways Usually I wake back up and try to join the lesson again. yeah. I should work on that.

About halloween... Well they dont have trick-or-treating here (right where i am at least), but it was still scary. They actually celebrate some thing on the 31st, 1st, and 2nd. Something to do with graves and stuff. so maybe more like real zombies.

Anyways that wasn't the scary part. On Halloween it was sunday. at church, we had 10 people there... untill like 1 mintue before we started. we had 60 in the end. Also they had me bless the sacrament in tagalog. Oy. Then I had a 7 mintue talk on honsety in tagalog. yah. scary day. When I was on the stand, I was thinking back to the first sunday when I was 12, and I had a talk in church, and could have had the first time passing the sacrament.. but was too scared. It was kinda like that, except, we didnt have anyone else who could bless the sacrament.

Well I have some pictures of my house and Pday. And food. Ill send those. I think i g2g sooooooooooo bye.

Elder Dickinson

No comments:

Post a Comment