Monday, January 10, 2011

January 11, 2011

Dear family....


ano ba yan. Well I just wrote a nice long letter, and then we had a brown out (power out). I regret not turning on autosave.

well Ill make it brief..er.

um, well I left my camra somewhere. I think its not lost. But I really wont know till next monday. so no photos. and i am now a little grumpy. as i may have lost my camra and my email.

I was thinking about things people could send. if you were going to sent things.
Pens. Just normal pens. I had 12 when I left.. and i lost most of them. I have had 2 pens for a long time. and I only have one cap left. If i lose that... well not good. The pen I have, and really like is, BIC ultra round stic grip. It was like 12 for 1.39 or something. not the hard plactic ones. maybe some black and blues ones.

A little black hymn book that says "Merla Ramos" on it.

Pictures are always nice. Larry Ds photos of his kids are really popular. I actally have requests for copys of all of the photos of his kids and a couple more of cassie. maybe of the fam or something.

Usb drive. or something like it. Actally haveing 2 or so would be nice. to back up files... just incase i lose my camrea or something.

lately i wrote "nasty tie". not dirty or anything, just nasty looking. like makes your throw up a little in your mouth when you look at it. If you do want to send this, dont buy it. Well value village as a last resort, goodwill is too good of quility. I got a person in mind for this.

I went running. sorta. I ran in my.. backyard? well the area inbeween the bathroom and the main house. its about 10 feet arcoss, and 4 feet wide. I did a 30 mintues run. I did some math in my head when I was running, and I figured I did just over a mile. thats 2 miles an hour! hmm i walk faster then that. oh well its prolly more then some of you. I am not the worst!

People have stopped saying this greeting to me "you are really bad at tagalog" or, other people are good at tagalog, why do you stink? and why do you stink at tagalog.

they are now saying something, which is a compament here. mataba na ka (you are now fat).
haha. I didnt belive them at first, but yesterday I was talking with a member and they said something like namamataba ka adfjio ijasdfj sdifjaldjf or something like that. I tried to say, mataba ako na? (i am fat?) she didnt understand me, prolly becuase i didnt say it right. Then she tryed to explain it in many different ways, as i just made different faces, because i didnt understand. eventally she said. "nagiging baboy ka" and laughed a ton. (that means, you are becoming a pig!) hmmmm right.

but i am talking with people now. I have different reasons why... the biggest is i am now just talking to people. and studying words that have to do with things they like. that helps. yesterday i like i said about 200 randon questions to people we were working with. I prolly sounded like a 3 year old. I prolly also sound like, 'I give five doller', or, 'gave me my bag now". Which now that i am almost 20 (and realized it), and so i think that talking like that is awesome and sweet.

um well We have a investgater who is 11, who has a baptismal date. It was going to be January 8th, but we moved it to the 22nd. We just moved it again, to make sure he is ready, to the 29th which i think will happen.

About Roheilo. He still has Word of wisdom problem. but he is still super rad. hmmm yep.

um, something I realized about my self, is even though I am in the philipines, I am still me. I still complainer, and have terrible english. I also realized that other day, that i am white. That was werid. thats why everyone looks at me.

I have no idea what i wrote last week, besides that i think i was complaining about something. A week feels like forever. but everyday at about 7 pm, i always think, wait... what just happend. where did the day go. And When I try to stay up past 11pm to finish paper work we are behind... i cant. i just fall alsleep.

um well, thats kinda something. Oh I think the point of my complaining was so I would get mail. yep. actally I am getting some, but i am always gonna complain alittle. (I know my complainning works evencally... after 5 weeks of complaning, i now have 3 recipes to make pancake mix... thanks to tammy and mom.)

I still get paper mail, which is surprizing, and rad. this time (today) I got one postcard. super rad. so if you think you are rad, you should see if you can send stuff. postcards go through the easiest through pouch (the salt lake address.)

ok well I heard that derek is rad. also merida and dallen and tanner, and carter, and spencer, and linsey. oh and eden, and maddie, and hyram, and ammon, and caleb, and ruth, and maddie #2, and cassie, lilly. and spot. oh wait not spot. um and lindsey #2. and zora. oh zora is super rad too. and zora #2. and michel. and lilly #2. and i think thats all the rad people.

hmmmmm the end.


luke--


ps.. What? heidi's getting married.... ? haaaaa-ballllllla?
I also heard that grandpa has got home, mostly saftly. good to hear.

oh pss. dont send toilet paper.. i have some now. but only for my nose, because i am now the green goo man again.

oh psss. chess is rad. go newfews and nieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment