Monday, September 6, 2010

August 30, 2010

Hello po!

That’s the closest thing to an actual hello. (Hello is from English... the po is a respect marker)

Ok so, um. The new guys didn’t join our room, so it’s just us two still. Which is nice. ummm

I got some mail. More than a lot of people still, but less than last week (last week I got like 30 envelopes, this week I got 5)... but in one of the envelopes I got 20 pieces of paper... (Which I actually had to pay for, because of the weight), and a poster! That was rad.

Um, I tried to send some pictures home, I hope they got there.

About the amount of days on my mission left... I figured I’d start a countdown. Right now is a good time to start too. I got 100 weeks left, or 700 days. I also figured, I get about 10-12 hours of time (besides sleep and study) so I also have 7000 hours left of work to do. I am at 0% (each week will be 1 %)

Um, Thanks dad for the note. I’ll try to keep the language study going and my focus.

Hey, if Andy wants his swim suit, I think I know where it is. In my box of clothes I stored at home... there is some swim suits. Not sure if his (we have the same ones), but he can have any of mine.

Sherry had a baby? Oh yah.

Nice, skating sounds fun. I get to walk places. That’s almost as good.

About the hood to coast, I heard peter you were going the wrong way? For 1/2 mile?? That’s not what you are supposed to do. Forward not backwards, backwards not forward and swirling swirling to freedom.

Also, sleeping when you are running doesn’t work. I guess you guys figured that out too. Ha-ha

I heard you guys did well though. Like fast and stuff. Rad.

I did also hear, that you still have your Speedos, and ran in them. Good work. Making me proud.

To Spencer - It was your BIRTHDAY! Hurray! Happy birthday.

Heidi- you out in Provo now? Like down the street? Rad.

ummmm if someone wants to send me army men, that would be rad. um, or if Heidi got some and just hucked it over the mtc fence, that might also work.

-John/Sarah. Looks like things are pretty normal around there, john still has good tastes in presents, and Isaac still makes us proud.

-Miranda/Derek/Spencer/Lindsey/Cara- the poster you made and sent is super RAD! I am going to put it up on my wall.

Life’s pretty normal here (for mtc normal)... oh elder Holland spoke, that was pretty cool.

Um, about language, I figured I'd write a little bit to explain a little. Ok

Um, so this is kind of how it works.

I ate 3 potatoes at lunch

Ate I 3 potatoes at lunch

kain (ang)ako ng tatlo patatas sa tunghailan.

kumain ako ng tatlong patatas sa tunghailan.

Or

Who took the cookie from the cookie jar?

Who ang take (past tense conj.) ng cookie, sa cookie jar?

sino ang nagkanin ng galtetsa sa galtetsa na tano?


Also, I guess people mess this up a lot. Because of the verb conjunctions.

New missionaries often say, Christ killed the people, instead of the people killed Christ. (Scares the investigators I guess.)

(Kind of like: let’s eat grandpa. and let’s eat, grandpa)

kumain ako ng mulok (I ate the chicken)

kinain ako ng mulok (I was eaten by the chicken)

Anyways thought maybe that would be fun to look at.

Um, not a ton of stuff happens here, study, eat, study, gym, study, sleep. Something likes that. I think I am going to give my companion my last 5 minutes... because he didnt get to finish his.

Oh well I am 0% of mission done now. Thanks for the letters.

Elder Dickinson

No comments:

Post a Comment