Tuesday, September 21, 2010

September 20, 2010

Hello,

Umm I am rad.

Soo, I’ve got roommates now. I mean there are 4 of us now. The other two elders are pretty cool. It’s not good though, because he has been here for 4 days, and he tested me some words he knew, and I didn’t know them. huh. Ha ha. Oh well.

Mmm so remember last week I said I might be singing at conference? Well, I guess you aren’t supposed to count your chickens.. or something.. I forgot how it goes. Anyways, most of my district got a letter saying that they are invited to the choir... but I didn’t get one. Doe. Oh well, mostly it was a raffle to go, because I think there was about 350 spots, and about 1000 that applied. It was just a form that was filled out. I don’t care that much.. as I don’t really sing, but kinda stinks I am not going.

Ummmmm not a ton a stories to tell. Um, well I got one.

One day I went to class. Then I studied some stuff. Then I ate some food. The end.

Right, also I guess the people in my class thinks I’m really funny, when I fall asleep in class. Also they always laughing at stuff I say, which means they think I am super funny, or they think I am a retard. Prolly the latter. Could be both. It’s actually pretty funny sometimes. Either way, I have been saying all of the best jokes I know, like "why did the chicken cross the road" or "What’s big, blue, and looks like the sky". The one they like the most is "what is a pear like".

Well, to fight falling asleep in class (not that I am not getting enough sleep, but a lot of times its just I have no idea what’s going on, and then it gets quiet. Kinda like in school, how people fall asleep, pero, not even in English.) Anyways, to fight falling asleep in class, I drink lots of water now, and dump water on my head.

Umm right, I leave on the 4th Oct, or so. And sometime this week I get my travel info.

About that stick I got? I heard you had questions about it. Pretty much it’s a long staff, (prolly a leg off some old desk), with some tape on it, that gives ultimate power. I mean... nothing. I am also confused why I have a staff in my closet, but I will write my name on it and pass it on soon.

Oh mom, Don’t worry about sending me those shirts. I am already going to be chucking/sending home some stuff soon. Also, I am pretty sure, I won’t need a bottle of ketchup.

Ok, so this Tuesday, I get to go off campus, because my companion needs to go to the doctor, because he has leprosy. (well that’s what I tell him). Oh well.

I got a bunch of notes from home. That’s rad. I heard Andy is playing water polo, and Lucy is doing a little dance.

Ummm, Language isn’t too bad anymore, well, yeah. I get how it works mostly, but words are still weird to say, or remember. Most words have at least 5 syllables. Some have like 10. pananumpanatiya is faith, 7 syllables. Faith is much easier to say.

This week I teach the 2 lesson in Taglog. Which is actually going to be much harder then lesson 1, because there is so much more vocab. or at least vocab I don’t know.

Ummm well, umm, I am at the MTC still. Yep.

Elder Dickinson

No comments:

Post a Comment